Good punctuality at school is essential for students to achieve their full educational potential. It is also vital for students to form good habits for later life.
All students are expected to arrive punctually for school in the morning and to arrive punctually for each lesson. A register is taken at the start of the day and during each lesson. Students arriving late are recorded as thus on the register, along with how many minutes late they are.
THE SCHOOL’S SUPPORT FOR GOOD PUNCTUALITY
We place a strong emphasis on good punctuality; we support this by:-
- Giving sanctions to students who arrive late to school or lessons.
- Informing parents, by automated call, if their child arrives late for school.
- Awarding tutor points to tutor groups where all students have arrived punctually over a period of time
- Sending attendance records home to parents each term so that parents can monitor any lateness.
- Addressing issues of poor time keeping with individual students and their parents..
PARENTS’/CARERS’ SUPPORT FOR GOOD PUNCTUALITY
We would ask parents to support us in maintaining good punctuality by:-
- Ensuring that their children get up in plenty of time to be ready and prepared for school.
- Ensuring their child has organised their bag and equipment the night before so that this does not delay departure in the morning.
- Discussing any issues of lateness to ensure this does not become a habit.
- Monitoring their child’s attendance record when it is sent home and looking for patterns of lateness.